The Tax Manager will direct and manage multiple tax projects in order to provide quality tax and accounting services for our clients.
The Tax Manager will lead in the effective and efficient operations of tax and accounting in our firm. This leadership position requires strong management in order to: guide our staff, be competent in the high quality of distribution of services, and to identify best practices while consistently implementing process improvements. In addition to supervising and mentoring staff and senior management, this position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including month end close, general ledger maintenance, financial reporting and external audit preparation. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance in their career.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in accounting
• Previous supervisory experience with proven track record as a leader
• Certified Public Accountant
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
• Strong computer skills with knowledge and skills in a wide variety of applications, Thomson Reuters software experience a plus
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Research orientated with problem-solving skills
• Superior attention to detail with strong organizational, analytical and planning skills
• Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with team in various levels
• Flexible in dealing with change with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
In our company, education and development is necessary and shows in our commitment to your success through our competitive compensation and benefits package. We value time and effort and want to work to preserve the best possible environment for our employees. We work to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.