The Staff Tax Accountant will provide support and preparation on multiple tax projects in order to provide quality tax services and deliverables for our clients.
The Staff Tax Accountant will provide support and prepararation on a variety of tax projects for clients. This position requires strong technical and communication skills to coordinate with peers, managers and clients to ensure timely, quality delivery of both simple and complex tax projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical skills and attention to detail. The position can be located in beautiful Savannah, Georgia or remote. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to significantly expand their knowledge of tax law and its application. There is tremendous room for advancement for the right person.
• Prepare various tax returns – individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns
• Conduct basic tax research and correspondences
• Prepare support services for tax planning and preparation
• Manage client information requests and deliverables
• Ensure accurate, timely filing of federal, state, and local tax returns
• Ensure quality standards are maintained
• Provide support on special tax projects and initiatives
• Collaborate with staff, clients and management
• Assist with Firm Initiatives as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Less than 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
• Certified Public Accountant or CPA Candidate
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Knowledge of federal and state tax regulations
• Strong computer skills with knowledge and skills in a wide variety of applications, Thomson Reuters software experience a plus
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Research orientated with problem-solving skills
• Superior attention to detail with strong organizational, analytical and planning skills
• Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with team in various levels
• Flexible in dealing with change with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
In our company, education and development is necessary and shows in our commitment to your success through our competitive compensation and benefits package. We value time and effort and want to work to preserve the best possible environment for our employees. We work to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.