A Staff Tax Accountant will provide support and preparation for multiple tax projects in order to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for experience, knowledge and growth.
The Staff Tax Accountant will prepare the tax and accounting projects in our firm. This position will be responsible for functions including, but not be limited to:
• GL reconciliations, maintaining fixed assets and preparing monthly accruals
• Process of journal entries for month-end including sub ledger to ledger reconciliations
• Preparation and filing of monthly sales and use tax returns, financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and cash flow for internal reporting
• Prepare various tax returns – individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns and make recommendations and decisions to address client needs
• Conduct basic tax research and suggest effective solutions for management
• Prepare quality tax planning and practical approaches to client’s particular tax needs and situation
• Maintain and develop business relationships with our current clients and increase new clients
This is a great career opportunity for someone looking to obtain some knowledgeable experience and develop professionally.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting
• Working towards Certified Public Accountant certification
• Minimum of 1 year of tax experience
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge
• Strong computer skills with knowledge and skills in a wide variety of applications, Thomson Reuters software experience a plus
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Solid attention to detail with strong organizational/analytical skills
• Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with team in various levels
• Flexible in dealing with change with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
In our company, education and development is necessary and shows in our commitment to your success through our competitive compensation and benefits package. We value time and effort and reward for exceptional performance to preserve the best possible environment for our employees. We work to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.