The ideal candidate will have a strong tax background and be able to execute both simple and complex tax strategies. The position works very closely with our clients and CPAs on our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to significantly expand their knowledge of tax law and its application. There is tremendous room for advancement for the right person.
Preparation and review of federal and state income taxes for individuals and businesses.
Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
Prepares internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• CPA Certification or CPA eligible.
• 2+ years prior experience in public accounting tax experience.
• Experience preparing tax returns, individual and corporate.
• Strong accounting and analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills: proficiency in Thomson products a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented & ability to multi-task
In our company, education and development is necessary and shows in our commitment to your success through our competitive compensation and benefits package. We value time and effort and reward for exceptional performance to preserve the best possible environment for our employees. We work to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.