Plain Language of Change:
- Computers and peripheral equipment removed for listed property treatment for property placed in services after December 31, 2017
- Treated like any other business equipment so it can use MACRS depreciation and eligible for bonus depreciation
- Listed property recapture rules no longer apply
- Property must be used more than 50% to be eligible for Section 179 treatment
- The declassification means that substantiation requirements are no longer applicable to document personal usage
Cordasco & Company PC is a boutique CPA firm specializing in federal and state tax issues. We provide customized tax and accounting services specifically designed to help our clients capitalize on the rapidly changing tax and accounting environments.